10 Reasons Why You Should Live A Healthy Lifestyle
1. Regular physical activity is important for the healthy growth, development and well-being of children and young people.
2. Include activities that strengthen muscles and bones on at least 3 days of the week.
3. Water is the best way to quench your thirst – and it doesn’t come with the added sugar found in fruit juices, soft drinks and other sweetened drinks.
4. Give kids whole fruit to eat, rather than offering fruit juices that have a lot of sugar.
5. Eating fruit and vegetables every day helps children grow and develop, boosts their vitality and can reduce the risk of many chronic diseases.
6. Have fresh fruit available as a convenient snack and try to include fruit and vegies in every meal.
7. Children and young people should spend no more than two hours a day on ‘small screen’ entertainment. Break up long periods of use as often as possible.
8. Plan a range of active indoor and outdoor games or activities for your children, as alternatives to watching TV or playing on the computer.
9. Healthy snacks help children and young people meet their daily nutritional needs.
10. Snacks based on fruit and vegetables, reduced fat dairy products and whole grains are the healthiest choices.